Main duties of marketing are to meet the needs of people and make revenue in this way. However, people’s needs always vary and identifying their needs requires a different approach. To determine the needs and find out the differences between customer groups are considered the heart of marketing.
About the research
General factors that are considered crucial for customers and product groups available for them are age, needs, behaviours, level of income and so on. Segmentation is a science and art to determine these similarities and prepare a marketing strategy suitable for them. These similarities themselves are possible with well-prepared marketing research. Segmentation researches are conducted through surveys. After the data is collected via surveys, the most practical and stable models are determined by analyzing them with various statistical methods. All of these methods are multi-dimensional, which means, various questions are analyzed simultaneously and a result is made. In order to make these results, specific statistical programme packages (SPSS and so on) are used.
The content and main benefits of the research
Why do we need a segmentation (research)?
- Customers are inclined to purchase those goods and services prepared customarily for their needs.
- Companies should be selective and chase the most beneficial parts of the market for them.
- Some companies may own competitive advantage by serving a specific part of the market.
- A segmentation provokes an innovation. The place where the demands of the segment are not met adequately, attempts are directed to fill in this gap in the market as a mechanism of the market to determine what it is willing to do.
A market can be segmented via a lot of ways, starting from the most basic one to the most complex segments. Main segmentation types we offer have been listed below:
- Geographical segmentation
- Demographic segmentation
- Behavioural segmentation
- Attitude and needs-based segmentation
- Firmographic and business segmentation
- Hybrid segmentation